Today we dive back into the theory of Ikigai, unpacking another step of the Japanese secret to living a long and healthy life full of purpose and fulfilment. Today we’ll be exploring the fifth rule, which is to get into shape for your next birthday.
At Elements Retirement Living, we’re a village that heavily endorses our residents to live a healthy and active lifestyle. Inspired by our passion for assisting retirees in achieving Ikigai, we’ve ensured that all villagers have access to multiple activities each week where they can exercise their desire to live an active lifestyle. With these activities, we encourage residents to exercise to their own abilities and move mindfully.
Physical Benefits of Daily Movement
Hands up if you’ve got a stubborn stiff back or an aching shoulder that just won’t quit! Did you know that by moving your body daily, without even realising, you’re reaping endless benefits for your physical health?
Regular exercise works to improve coordination, balance, and stability whilst strengthening your bones, muscles, and joints. Stretching is also a key component of daily movement, providing benefits to general muscle health. People who exercise daily are actively working to lower their blood pressure and their risk of adopting type 2 diabetes and osteoporosis.
As a general rule of thumb, it’s recommended to exercise for at least 30 minutes a day in order to experience these benefits.
Mental Benefits of Mindful Movement
Mindfully moving your body daily can have incredible benefits to your mental health, your mindset, and your outlook on life. Ensuring you’re maintaining your mental health is essential to living a happy life and successfully moderating your thoughts, emotions, and behaviours. You’ll also see improvements to your productivity and effectiveness to complete daily tasks. Those who practice mindful movements are likely to experience stress relief and improvements to memory, cognitive function, quality of sleep, and overall mood.
We support our resident’s fitness journey
At Elements Retirement Living, we’re passionate about supporting our residents throughout their journey to achieve living life by the Ikigai philosophy. In doing so, we ensure that each resident has access to multiple activities every week where they’re able to explore, be active, and mindfully move their bodies.
Here are some of the activities available at Springwood Retirement Village:
- The Elements Retirement village is situated directly next to the Daisy Hill Conservation Park, a beautiful natural landscape featuring trails for nature walks, hikes, and bike rides. If you’re lucky, you might even spot some adorable Australian wildlife on your adventures.
- At Elements, we offer Zumba Gold, a form of Zumba that’s been specially modified for beginners, seniors, and other special populations who want to exercise in a fun way. This class offers low joint impact and easy to follow steps. We encourage everyone to go at their own pace as they move to the beat of the music.
- Elements Living Tai Chi classes are perfect for residents interested in gentle physical exercises and stretches. Also known as “shadow boxing”, this Chinese martial art is commonly used for defence training, for its health benefits and for meditation. Are you looking to enhance your mind and body connection? This is the class for you!
- Our weekly yoga classes encourage members to calm the mind and relax the body as we combine meditation and breathing with mindful movements. Yoga is incredible for boosting mental clarity and body awareness whilst inducing a sense of extreme calm.
- Are you looking to challenge and push your skills? The Elements personal training classes are the perfect way to exercise with our instructors to get your heart rate up and practice a more active style of movement. Our fully certified trainers are highly experienced in working with beginners and seniors, assisting them with building their physique.
Having access to such a broad range of physical activities ensures that every resident will find a class of their liking. Not only do these activities work to improve the mental and physical wellbeing of our villagers, but they also help to develop new relationships and promote confidence in their ability.
Find your Ikigai
At Elements Retirement Living Springwood, we don’t take the welfare of our residents lightly. We’re devoted to providing them with the tools and opportunities required to help them achieve a life filled with purpose, happiness, and longevity.
What are you waiting for?!
Come visit Elements Retirement Village and see the power of living by the Ikigai philosophy!
A beautiful, easy living retirement village nestled in the Daisy Hill State Forest, Springwood, Brisbane, Queensland. Our stylish 2 or 3 bedroom apartments, including garden option, offer single level access and luxury retirement communities with neighbours close by but with privacy assured.