Elements Living Bursary 2021
Elements Retirement Village is proud to announce that we are a sponsor of the National Council of Women of Queensland (NCWQ) Elements Living Bursary for the 11th consecutive year.
Since 2011, the NCWQ Elements Bursary has provided a female student financial support toward their educational studies in the areas of care and lifestyle within the Queensland senior’s / aged care sector.
This year however, to acknowledge the low male participation in the aged care sector, the NCW Elements Living Bursary will be made available to both male and female applicants.
What is the Elements Living Bursary?
The Elements bursary is one of over 30 bursaries awarded each year as part of the National Council of Women of Queensland’s (NCWQ) Bursary program.
Established in 1905, the National Council of Women of Queensland Inc. (NCWQ) continues to represent the voice of thousands of women through its affiliated organisations and individual membership.
The bursary program, since its commencement in 2009, indicates the strong commitment of NCWQ to equality of opportunity for all women, especially in offering assistance to Queensland female students as they pursue their chosen pathway of study
Chiou See Anderson, founder of Elements Retirement Living, is a long-term sponsor of the NCWQ bursary program and supporter of NCWQ. Chiou See is deeply committed to education within the aged care sector and has a true passion for improving the development of the aged care industry.
The Bursary Recipient Receives $1,000
Do you know someone who is passionate about working within the care and lifestyle for senior’s industry?
If so, this bursary valued at $1,000 could go a long way in assisting their studies!
Who is Eligible?
Although we would love to be able to offer this bursary to everyone, only one Elements Living Bursary is awarded to a successful applicant each year. There are 6 questions you must ask yourself to assess your eligibility for the Elements Living Bursary.
- Are you under the age of 25?
- Are you a student enrolled in full-time studies or commencing full-time studies within 6 months of the application?
- Are you a resident of Queensland or identify as a Queenslander?
- Are you an Australian citizen or a Permanent Resident of Australia?
- Can you detail how the bursary will assist you to achieve your desired educational outcomes?
- Can you demonstrate a commitment to leadership through active participation in either a religious or community-based organisation with the intent of improving the lives of seniors?
If the answer to these is yes, then we invite you to apply. But hurry, as applications close in just over a week (2 June 2021)!
How Can I Apply?
You can submit your online application for the Elements Living Bursary via the National Council of Women of Queensland website.
- Applications close on Wednesday, June 2.
- All successful applicants will be advised of the selection panel’s decision after Monday, July 12.
- The presentation of the bursaries will be in Brisbane on Tuesday, August 3.
Spread the Word!
If you or someone you know has an interest in working in the Queensland aged care sector and they would meet the eligibility criteria, please let them know about the Elements Living Bursary! We are excited to be sponsoring the NCWQ Bursary program once again and can’t wait to award one deserving applicant the Elements bursary.