Reflect and enjoy the peaceful Japanese-themed garden
About The Zen Garden
Reflect in our Japanese themed garden with beautifully designed waterfalls, bridges and ponds at Elements retirement village in Brisbane.
Set amongst 460 hectares of lush koala habitat on the edge of the Daisy Hill State Forest, the Zen Garden is an oasis for residents. Experience tranquil retirement living in Brisbane at our spectacular Zen garden.
Named Hana – Japanese for ‘flower’ – the authentic Japanese Zen Garden is unique to Elements.
It was custom-designed by Tokyo based master landscaper Tamon Yamagucchi, a Landscape Master of 15 years, who specialises in the art of plant shaping.
Hana boasts a tea house, male and female waterfalls, large pond, cedar wood entrance, several specially carved bridges and a magnificent array of plants.
- The garden provides a special tranquil place for our residents to enjoy quiet reflection and meditation.
- Set against a backdrop of 460 hectares of Australian koala bushland.
- Enter through the authentic cedar wood gate and be greeted by a (taller) male and a (shorter) female waterfall cascading into a large pond.
- Water trickles into little rock passages under crafted bridges.
- Tea house/viewing platform allowing quiet reflection and peaceful enjoyment of the tranquil surrounds.
- Magnificent display of plants,including Sango Kaku (Acer Palmatum), Trident Maple, Tropical Birch Crepe Myrtle, Scarlet Maple, Eumundi, White Oak, Chinese Elm, Weeping Willow, Banbusa Chungii, Bamboo, Nepalese Blue , Timor Black, Japanese Maple, Zosia, Mondo grass and Viola.
The Zen Garden is one of our popular retirement living facilities with our residents for reading, painting, enjoying quiet reflection and sharing time with visitors, family and friends.
Zen Garden Gallery
Our Residents Say 'Hi'
Hi, Robyn here. I’m a long time resident of Elements. I made the right decision. I’m a passionate Fibre Artist, creating baskets, bags and scarfs.
We love having the grand kids visit, and it’s wonderful to know they are welcome in our village. They love seeing the wallabies and the kids feel just as much at home here as we do.
We’re long term residents of Springwood, loving the area but wanting to downsize. Elements was a perfect option for us, we are so happy to have discovered Elements.